Pancakes have always been a tradition in my household. Mornings are just better with a stack doused in sweet and sticky syrup. So, I’ve updated an old recipe to be gluten-free, dairy-free and infused, if you so choose.
These pancakes are naturally sweetened with banana and infused with omega-rich coconut oil. If you’re going the way of the infusion, be sure to infuse your own coconut oil before getting down to cooking. I like to use the LEVO Oil Infuser to save on time.
As for the coconut oil, always look for virgin, cold-pressed and unrefined. The cannabis strain that you choose to infuse your coconut oil with is entirely up to you but I like to stick with a day-starter kind of flower like Strawberry Cough. (Somebody save us from these names!) It's uplifting, great for focus, and tastes like, you guessed it, strawberries.
Infused Banana PancakesMakes 6 pancakes
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 fresh eggs (or flax egg, if making vegan)
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup melted infused coconut oil (LEVO infused option)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Coconut or avocado oil for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Spray skillet with coconut or avocado oil before adding 3 tablespoons of batter.
- Once the batter begins to bubble along the sides, gently peak under the pancake to see when golden brown.
- Flip pancake with a spatula and cook for an additional minute.
- Repeat this process with additional batter.
- Serve with toppings of choice.