As the leaves start to change — for some of us, at least! — and the temperatures start to plummet, a warm bowl of soup or a turkey ragu might be all we can think about. But not so fast. Cold weather is not an excuse for excluding fresh veggies from your daily diet. And so, we tapped co-founder of Plant People and one of our fave chefs Gabe Kennedy for a salad fit for the cozy nights ahead.
“This salad is a total crowd-pleaser and as it sits, it gets even better! It's simple, refreshing and texturally fun too." - Chef Gabe Kennedy
- Persian cucumbers - 3, each cut on bias
- Cherry tomato - 8 each cut in 1/2
- Pickled shallot, 2 tbsp (raw is ok too)
- Sumac - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest and juice - 1 each
- Plant People Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Marjoram - 2 tsp picked
- Labne - 2 tbsp (greek yogurt is a great sub)
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Wash and cut all your veggies.
- In a mixing bowl add Persian cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and shallots. Zest and juice lemon and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle sumac and season with salt to taste.
- Add Plant People Extra Virgin Olive Oil and marjoram.
- Add a few spoon full of labne to the bottom of the plate.
- Place salad on top and enjoy!