A CBD Soba Noodle Salad Recipe for the Hot Hot HeatBy Kyra Mueller-Yamamoto
There’s nothing better than a refreshing, crisp salad on a hot day. Throw in some hearty noodles, CBD-infused almond butter sauce (a twist on the more traditional peanut sauce) and you’ve got yourself a serious bowl of soba noodle salad heaven.
I like to make this salad ahead of time and let it marinate in the fridge for an even richer flavor and for the luxury of taking my infused lunch on-the-go. Get creative with the vegetables and toppings, depending on what’s available at your local farmer’s market. Think sunflower sprouts, sliced jalapeño peppers, black sesame seeds. Be sure that the CBD tincture you use is oil-based. Otherwise, it takes away from the flavor of the almond butter sauce—and that would be a terrible turn of events!
Soba Noodle Salad with Infused Almond Butter Sauce
- 1-package buckwheat soba noodles
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- ½ cup cooked edamame
- 2 large spiralized carrots
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1 small handful chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup creamy raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 full droppers of 2Rise Full Spectrum CBD Oil with Turmeric (make sure it’s oil-based)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- water to thin (about 2 tbsp)
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions.
- Heat small saucepan on medium heat. Add almond butter, tamari, sesame oil and coconut sugar. Stir until well mixed.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic, cayenne and 2Rise Full Spectrum CBD Oil with Turmeric. Remove from heat and add water to thin sauce.
- Place chopped kale, cabbage, spiralized carrots and soba noodles into a medium bowl, add the sauce and toss to evenly coat the veggies.
- Gently separate noodle mixture evenly into two bowls. Top each bowl with the edamame, cucumber, cilantro and any other toppings you would like.
- Eat up!