Summer’s not over yet. And that mean it’s time for entertaining, fresh fare, making CBD-infused cocktails, and perhaps, pairing some nice rosés and cannabis. We tapped the foodie brain of Plant People co-founder and award-winning chef Gabe Kennedy—he won Anthony Bourdain’s cooking show The Taste, btw!—for one of his fave summer recipes. (Hint: less is more.)
“I like this one because it’s a great way to make a fruit salad in a non-traditional way. The olive oil adds some extra fat and balances the acidity. The honey adds extra sweetness. And the black pepper adds savoury, which is quite nice," says Gabe. "For me, summer is all about not doing too much to the food—just kind of letting it be.”
- 2 apricot, each cut into slices
- 6 strawberries, each cut into 1/4
- Black pepper, a few cracks
- Maldon salt, a pinch
- Honey, a drizzle
- Plant People Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any infused olive oil, a drizzle
- Take some delightful summer fruit and slice into bite sized pieces.
- Toss together and lay on a plate.
- Finish by sprinkling some corse salt and cracking some black pepper, drizzling honey and Plant People extra virgin olive.